The internet and social media set new standards in the whole commercial process. People are more likely to buy from people or brands they’ve known for a while in social media, which gave them steady relevant content.
Most entrepreneurs (or fakepreneurs) still don’t know what’s really going on in marketing nowadays. Those who claim to be “experts” in digital marketing don’t even know what real marketing is about, especially in the 21st century.
I explain this very well in this article:
The truth is: bad players will be thrown away. What do I mean by that?
- Bad communicators won’t sell their products
- New products by unknown brands will struggle to reach their audience and sell
- Billion-dollar brands will disappear because they’re ignoring this movement
- Fakepreneurs will continue to rise, and then disappear
- Millions of dollars will still be burned in wrong advertising, then comes bankruptcy
- Relevance is always king
No doubt all that came with the internet and the mobile world. All sorts of businesses should constantly be reviewing their marketing and communication strategies to satisfy their costumer.
The customer is eager and knows what to buy
This perhaps hasn’t been and won’t be a universal truth, but that’s how you should be handling your marketing.
Especially if you’re new to the market and won’t be burning millions into paid advertising, you should be offering high relevance content to your leads and people who follow you on social media. It’s the type of content that will make them stop scrolling their feed to read, watch and pay attention.