This article originally featured in The Market Mogul. I’m an author there! Check it out: http://themarketmogul.com/brazilian-shopping-malls/?hvid=4HwCkU
The Brazilian house of representatives archived on August 2, 2017, an investigation that could possibly impeach President Temer. The main accusation is passive corruption in a scandal involving Joesley Batista, CEO of the JBS conglomerate. For a matter of fact, many brands that Brazilians consume daily are part of Joesley’s conglomerate.
Let’s take a quick look in Brazil:
- Former President Dilma was impeached in 2016;
- Actual President Temer could be investigated and impeached;
- President of the house of representatives – Rodrigo Maia, who would become President if Temer was impeached – could also be investigated and impeached;
- There are almost 70,000 homicides per year in the country – and nobody talks about it;
- 15 million people are unemployed.
Hopefully, the economy started to react after important decisions made by Temer administration. Inflation was reduced from 11% to 4%, federal expenses were legally reduced for the next 25 years and Real valorized.